Online rehearsal inspiration
Short online course for choir leaders
Teachers: Peder Karlsson and Merel Martens
Level: Intermediate / Advanced
4 sessions. 6 hours in total.
Video conference system: Zoom
Max 10 participants
Why have choir rehearsals online when we cannot sing together?
This course is set up to provide inspiration and concrete tips for choir leaders,
to maintain continuity of the choir in times of social distancing.
What can we do that becomes possible when we meet online?
This isolation actually gives us many opportunities – we will help you find them.
Course content examples
- Icebreakers and simple warmup games for physical activation
- Various exercises and games for rhythm and intonation
- Call-and-response games
- Simple improvisations with basic Vocal Painting signs
- Leadership guidelines, basic rehearsal methods, how to maintain the flow of the rehearsal
- Interpretation; interactive exercises
- Tips and tricks for how to use Sibelius (scoring software)